What Is The Best Mattress Topper?
We evaluated and tested the top-selling Mattress Toppers
in the UK to bring you the best.
As Featured On
Emily Flint (Co-Author)
Joe Baker (Co-Author)
Micheal Lee (Editor)
Getting a good night’s sleep ranks amongst the top essentials for having a productive day.
That is why having a comfortable mattress and beddings cannot be neglected.
So what do you do if your mattress isn’t giving you the required platform for a good night’s sleep?
You could replace the mattress… or get the best mattress topper for your bed!
This brings up another issue and that is how to determine which mattress topper is best for you.
But not to worry; we have conducted hours of research to bring you our list of 7 best mattress toppers. Here they are…
- Best High-End Memory Foam Mattress Topper – Octaspring Body Zone Mattress Topper
- Best Overall For All Kinds of Mattress – Simba Hybrid Mattress Topper
- Cheaper Option of Best High End Mattress Topper – Bodymould Memory Foam Mattress Topper with Cover
- Best Anti – Allergenic Mattress Topper – Maxzzz Microfiber Mattress Topper
- Best Value for Money Mattress Topper – GREHOME 3 Inch / 7.5cm Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Best Double Mattress Topper for Hard Mattress – Silentnight Airmax Mattress Topper
- Best Budget Mattress Topper – Bedsure Mattress Double Bed Cover with Fitted Skirt
Now let’s examine these products in details one after the other:
A Detailed List of the Best Mattress Toppers
1. Octaspring Body Zone Mattress Topper - Best Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- The Octaspring Body Zone Mattress Topper is easy to set up.
- Fast and hassle-free delivery with excellent customer service.
- Helps to alleviate body pains.
- Doesn’t flatten out due to bodyweight but comes back to the original shape.
- Maximum breathability due to the air mesh design; 8 times more breathable than other memory foam mattress toppers.
- Made with top quality Octaspring foam spring and memory foam.
- Delivers optimum support and comfort for a good night’s sleep.
- Designed with five different zones of density and strength for proper support of different parts of the body.
- Portable and easy to store or carry about.
The Octaspring Body Zone Mattress Topper is a high-end mattress topper that turns even the most common of mattresses into a piece of luxury and comfort.
It is made with top quality memory foam with air mesh technology that provides free flow of air.
With this mattress topper, sweaty sleepers can get cool nights of luxurious comfort.
Additionally, it follows the dips and curves of one’s body to provide the requisite support. This makes it adequate for all sleeping postures.
2. Simba Hybrid Mattress Topper - Best Hybrid Topper
- Delivers great value for money.
- Can easily be fixed or removed.
- Has excellent heat regulation due to the airflow simbatex.
- Can work for both soft and hard mattresses to create the right balance of support and comfort.
- Made with top quality and durable materials that deliver a high level of comfort and support.
- Comes with tight-fitting straps that ensure that the topper doesn’t slip or wiggle.
- Delivers an instant upgrade to any mattress whether old or new.
- Versatile functionality.
- Has a breathable surface and cooling comfort layer.
The selling point of the Simba Hybrid Mattress Topper is its construction with a combination of patented cone-shaped pocket springs and the airflow simbatex. This ensures that you have the best support available with maximum comfort.
It is also easy to fix and fits snugly on the mattress without wiggling so that even the most fitful of sleepers can get uninterrupted sleep.
The Simba Hybrid Mattress Topper comes in handy for those occasions when unexpected guests come calling. Due to its versatility, you can use it alone if you do not have a spare mattress.
3. Bodymould Mattress Topper - Best Midrange
- Helps to relieve body aches and issues caused by bad sleeping posture.
- Comes properly packaged and with simple instructions.
- Delivers great value for money spent.
- Constructed and designed with 4-inch deep top quality memory foam.
- Proudly made in the UK and meets the fire and furniture regulations of the UK.
- Comes in all sizes of beds that are available in the UK
- Conveniently packaged in an attractive box.
- Conforms to body shape for adequate support
The Bodymould Memory Foam Mattress Topper enhances the comfort and support structure of any mattress. It is made with top quality memory foam that goes back to its original shape always. This means that it wouldn’t flatten out and would always give you the desired support and comfort.
Due to Bodymoulds’ strict adherence to safety and manufacturing rules, customers are assured of products that meet the highest standard in the industry.
4. Maxzzz Microfiber Mattress Topper - Best Anti - Allergenic Mattress Topper
- Very effective for giving one a good night’s sleep.
- Helps to reduce body aches and joint pains.
- It is very thick, soft, and even, and comfortable.
- Easy to move around or store.
- Made with good quality microfibers that are hypoallergenic and that add softness to mattresses that are too firm.
- A combination of the microfiber filling and 100% cotton surface ensures proper circulation of air and ventilation.
- Machine washable and also has further instructions for care and maintenance.
- Can fit different types of mattresses even up to 21-inch thick mattresses.
- Comes with 4 strong and snug elastic bands to hold the topper tightly to the mattress.
The Maxzzz Microfiber Mattress Topper is specifically designed with a down filling that feels like original duck and goose but is hypoallergenic; this is great for folks who have allergy issues.
The combination of materials used in the construction ensures that the user has cool dry nights in maximum comfort.
What’s more, is that this mattress topper makes your mattress feel like one in a plush luxury hotel.
5. GREHOME Foam Topper - Best Value for Money
- Adds a feel of class and luxury to even the cheapest of mattresses.
- The 4 elastic corners make the topper easy to fit and then hold it secure onto the mattress.
- Enables the user to have cool dry nights in comfort.
- The cover is easily removed and also easy to wash.
- Constructed with 2 layers of extra thick memory foam. Also comes in different sizes (density).
- Multifunctional – can be used in any sleeping arrangement.
- The design and density of the mattress topper help to properly distribute the weight of the user and adapts to the contours of the body. This makes it perfect for all types of sleeping posture.
- The cover has a zipper which makes it easy to remove and wash.
- Made with 100% breathable polyester.
The GREHOME 3 Inch / 7.5cm Memory Foam Mattress Topper is a good quality product that is duly certified as safe and hypoallergenic. Some of its certifications include the OEKO-TEX Standard 100 and ISO9001.
So in addition to getting a good night’s sleep, you are assured of no allergies or bacterial infections.
Best of all, GREHOME customer care personnel are always on hand to resolve whatever issues you may encounter during or after purchase.
6. Silentnight Airmax Mattress Topper - Best for Hard Mattresses
- Adds another level of comfort to your mattress.
- Comes at a pocket-friendly price point.
- Enhances quality of sleep (No overheating or night sweat).
- Doesn’t flatten out but retains its shape and fluffiness.
- Constructed with Airmax technology that delivers optimum breathability.
- Hypoallergenic materials used in making the topper make it safe for everyone.
- It can be washed in a machine at 40°C.
- Comes with elastic straps on all the corners to secure the topper to the mattress.
- Proudly made in the UK and comes with a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty.
The Silentnight Airmax Mattress Topper is constructed with a 3cm double layer and filled with hollow fibre.
This design enables the free flow of air and makes the topper breathable; this in turn enables the user to have a sweat-free night on the cool dry topper.
This mattress topper is soft enough to deliver luxurious comfort while firm enough to provide the structure that the body needs for sound rejuvenating sleep.
7. Bedsure Topper - Budget Option
- Delivers great value for the price at which it comes
- Easy to fit and remove.
- Well-padded and evens out lumps in mattress.
- Designed with innovative 7-zone strength and density that provides support for every part of the body.
- Made with top quality 100% microfiber that is soft and breathable. The material is also hypoallergenic.
- Maintains its luxurious softness over time.
- Delivers additional softness and cushioning to your mattress.
- Is machine washable and recommended for air-drying.
The Bedsure Mattress Double Bed Cover with Fitted Skirt is designed like a bed cover that’s fitted. Its elasticated corners make it easy to fit on the mattress.
This elasticity also makes the topper able to fit mattresses that are as deep as 45cm.
The microfiber material used in making this mattress topper makes it breathable such that it doesn’t retain heat. This ensures that the user gets a good night sleep free of overheating and sweat.
Buying Guide For Best Mattress Topper
Now that you have read through the reviews of these products, we expect that you may raring to go shopping.
But before you do so, there are some things you need to know in order to make the most informed decision and enjoy your purchase.
The following are some of the factors to consider when shopping for the best mattress topper for you:
The material that a mattress topper is made of determines the level of comfort it would provide.
There are several materials that a mattress topper can be made of and they include the following: latex, memory foam, wool or feather.
Latex and memory foam conforms to the contours of the user’s body and this enhances spinal posture and relieves body aches.
Feather and wool, on the other hand, do not conform to the contours of the user’s body like memory foam and latex.
This makes these materials to have less friction with the sleeper and provide a cooler surface for sleep.
So check out the material that works best for your need before purchasing any mattress topper.
The thickness of mattress toppers range from 1 inch to 4 inches and these are best suited to different types of mattresses.
If you need to soften a mattress that’s too firm, you need to consider buying a mattress topper that’s very thick.
The GREHOME 3 Inch / 7.5cm Memory Foam Mattress Topper and the Simba Hybrid Mattress Topper are great examples of mattress toppers that would help cushion a mattress that’s too firm.
If, on the other hand, you’d just like to add a layer of comfort to a somewhat decent mattress then you can consider a product such as the Bedsure Mattress Double Bed Cover with Fitted Skirt.
Its level of thickness is just right for such requirements.
Furthermore, you need to bear in mind that the thicker the mattress topper, the higher the likelihood of heat retention.
The firmness of the Mattress Topper
The firmness of a mattress topper can help adjust the firmness of your mattress.
Let’s assume that you have a mattress that has a medium level of firmness that you like, you would need to buy a mattress that has the same level of firmness.
This would ensure that your mattress would retain that level of firmness that you like.
That said; if your mattress is too hard then you’ll need a mattress topper such as the Maxzzz Microfiber Mattress Topper or the Octaspring Body Zone Mattress Topper.
Any of these brands would add a layer of cushioning to the mattress and provide more comfort for you.
Conversely, a firm mattress topper can enhance a soft mattress and give it the perfect balance of structure and comfort.
Some materials of mattress toppers tend to last longer than others.
Feather and microfiber materials have a reputation of not lasting as long as memory foam, latex or wool.
However, you would do well to check out reviews from verified purchases.
This would help you determine whether the model/brand you are considering for purchase is noted for durability.
If you are one who is prone to allergies, you would do well to ensure that the mattress topper that you want to purchase is made with hypoallergenic materials.
Most mattress toppers that are made with latex or feathers are more likely to trigger allergic reactions.
That is why many manufacturers use materials that mimic the original.
Check out the Maxzzz Microfiber Mattress Topper and the GREHOME 3 Inch / 7.5cm Memory Foam Mattress Topper to understand the features to look out for.
We know that price can be the deciding factor for making certain purchases.
But we are of the opinion that you need to consider the value you would get from a product in relation to the price rather than just looking at the price alone.
Although we know that price does not always equate to quality, most times you get what you pay for. So weigh the pros and cons before you either ditch a product or buy based on price.
We believe that this brief review of our 7 best mattress toppers has given you the information you need to choose the best mattress topper for you.
Furthermore, we believe that we have covered a good range of categories such that one of these products would suit your requirements.
Note that what makes a product the best mattress topper would differ from person to person. For this reason, ensure that you have a clear picture of what you want so that you would not be swayed by advertorials or even reviews.