What Is The Best Memory Foam Mattress Topper?
We evaluated and tested the top-selling Memory Foam Mattress Toppers
in the UK to bring you the best.
As Featured On
Emily Flint (Co-Author)
Joe Baker (Co-Author)
Micheal Lee (Editor)
How long have you not been sleeping well?
You wake up with pain, with a feeling of heaviness or of not having slept all night.
When you get up, you feel discomfort in your hips, shoulders or back.
These are all signs of your body begging you for extra comfort.
And here is the good news, you don’t need to buy another mattress.
You can improve the quality of your bed just by placing a memory foam mattress topper on it.
The memory foam mattress topper supplements the deficiencies of the mattress or enhances its qualities.
And it also protects it from wear and dirt.
Say goodbye to pain and go back to sleeping comfortably!
We have researched and compiled the best options based on functionalities, quality, price and the opinions of real users.
- Best Hypoallergenic Mattress – Hypnia Memory Mattress Topper
- Best Ecological Mattress – Dailydream viscoelastic mattress topper
- Best Support And Softness Foam – Seasons Memory foam topper
- Best Hygienic Mattress – Imperial comfort memory foam topper
- Best High-Quality Bamboo Cover Mattress – RECCI memory foam mattress topper
- Best Easy-Fit Mattresses – Classic blanc mattress topper
There are many memory foam mattress toppers on the market, so to make your search easier, we analysed the best models.
A Detailed List of the Best Memory Foam Mattress Topper
1. Hypnia Memory Mattress Topper - Best Hypoallergenic Mattress
- Premium materials
- Independent beds
- Washable cover
- 120-night trial and 15-year warranty
- The price is somewhat above the average
- No elastic straps
- High-density memory foam with a thickness of 3 inches and a density (75 kg / m3), higher than the market average (50 kg / m3), which makes it more adaptable and ergonomic.
It is perfect for those who suffer from back pain because it distributes the pressure points evenly.
- Allows the passage of air and prevents the accumulation of heat and humidity.
- Another attractive property is that it is hypoallergenic which makes it safe for you if you have allergies.
We also liked its high absorption of movements, that is you can move freely in bed without disturbing your partner.
Another highlight is that the cover has a zip closure so that you can remove it easily for washing.
Also, its materials have the OEKOTEX Standard 100 certificate, which guarantees that they are free of harmful substances.
2. Dailydream Viscoelastic Mattress Topper - Best Ecological Mattress
- Exceptional User Ratings
- Suitable for people with allergies
- Orthopaedic and very adaptable
- Some thicknesses are only available for certain sizes.
- The density is 50 kg / m³, and the thickness can be 3.5, 5, and 7 cm.
- The upper cover of this certified ecological mattress topper is made of thermal gel mixed with memory foam to promote proper ventilation.
The bottom has a silicone grip, apart from the four elastics straps for a secure hold.
Multifaceted topper: supportive, ecological, orthopaedic, firm and very light.
Another factor can be the orthopaedic covering that allows it to adapt perfectly to your body and makes it return to its original shape over and over again. You will not have to worry about dents in your mattress.
Plus, it’s treated to keep dust and bacteria away.
3. Seasons Memory Foam Topper - Best Support And Softness Foam
- Excellent level of reception
- Thermosensitive, great adaptability
- Aloe vera treated cover
- It is only available in two sizes
- It is somewhat more expensive than the average
- A little heavy
- The 6 cm, 55 kg / m³ density viscoelastic sheet promises durability and resistance over time.
It is worth mentioning that it is somewhat heavy, with 7 kg for the 135 cm model and 6 kilograms for the 90 cm model.
- Which collects and wraps without causing the unpleasant crushing sensation.
- Mattress topper with excellent support and softness, for those who need extra adaptability
As with other models, the cover is made of stretch fabric treated with aloe vera on the upper part.
The lower one integrates a mesh in breathable and non-slip 3D fabric, in addition to four elastic fasteners.
On the other hand, this topper is especially heat-sensitive, which means that it reacts to the heat given off by your body, thus achieving optimal adaptability to your body.
4. Imperial Comfort Memory Foam Topper - Best Hygienic Mattress
- Excellent user ratings
- Wide variety of sizes
- Cover with quality fabric and non-slip
- You should ventilate it well for several days before using it because of the intense smell.
- Sometimes measurements don’t match accurately.
- This product in two different models: you can choose between 8 or 5 cm thick for the Sensopur memory foam core, and there is a wide variety of sizes adaptable to all bed sizes.
- Two mattresses can be combined on the same bed.
- The upper outer fabric is made from heavyweight stretch and treated with aloe vera.
The bottom is non-slip and highly breathable thanks to Air Fresh 3D technology, which ensures that the topper is non-thermal, that is, it does not give off heat or cold.
Hygiene is guaranteed since you can easily remove the cover for washing and also incorporates a hypoallergenic and anti-mite treatment.
In addition to the non-slip material on the bottom, it includes retention elastics to guarantee perfect stability on your mattress.
5. RECCI Memory Foam Mattress Topper - Best High-Quality Bamboo Cover Mattress
- 100% memory foam
- High-quality bamboo cover
- 30-night trial and 10-year warranty
- No grip system
- 100% pure memory foam, for those who only care about the essentials.
- Recci is committed to viscoelastic in its pure state, without perforations, gel or aloe vera.
- To ensure breathability, they have developed their heat insulation system based on the molecular structure of the viscoelastic, whose thickness is 5 cm.
The bamboo cover whose thermoregulatory, emollient and moisture-absorbing properties are combined with hypoallergenic and anti-mite resistance also helps you to maintain your body temperature, health, freshness and toned skin all in one.
- The manufacturer is so convinced that you will like this topper that they give you 30 nights to try it out.
One particularity is that to guarantee air quality, its emissions of VOCs (volatile organic compounds) are low. Also, the materials are free of toxic compounds for greater safety of your health.
Additionally, thanks to its double zipper, you can remove the cover easily for washing.
6. Classic Blanc Mattress Topper - Best Easy-Fit Mattresses
- Removable and washable
- Excellent anatomical reception
- Treated with aloe vera
- Good support even with very high mattresses
- It is somewhat more expensive than the average
- Your original bag cannot be reused
- Visco density is a bit fair.
Guide to buying the best memory foam topper
Whether it is to make your current mattress more comfortable or to complement a sofa bed, a folding bed or the camping bed, a topper will improve the quality of your sleep without the need to invest a lot of money in a new high-quality mattress.
But once you start looking, you will find out that there are many options on the market, various models, functionalities and details to consider.
Next, we tell you everything you need to know to choose the topper that best suits your needs.
What key points should you keep in mind when choosing a memory foam topper?
In the market, many brands work with this product. As you have already seen, the features vary a lot from one model to another, but what are the important ones? Which ones should you take into account to make a smart purchase decision?
The first thing you should know is that each person has their own circumstances and priorities.
For example: where one person considers breathability an important feature, for another person it is useless because they live in a mostly cold climate.
Therefore, there is no one perfect topper for everyone. You can only get the perfect topper for you. And to find it you must consider various characteristics.
It determines the firmness or, the amount of mass contained in the volume of a matter. There are options for all tastes: low, medium and high consistency.
It is expressed in kg / m³, and the average in memory foam toppers is around 50 kg / m³.
The higher the density, the more solid the topper is. Lightweight people may prefer a low density, while overweight people may feel more comfortable with a higher density.
Typically, the higher the density, the greater the height of the core that is required to achieve a good degree of sleep. The average is within 5 cm of core thickness for a density of 50 kg / m³.
One of the biggest problems when deciding to use a mattress topper is the possibility of it becoming very hot when you are sleeping.
If you are also concerned about this, make sure that you choose a model that has a good aeration system and prevents the body temperature from increasing when using it.
Keep in mind that, the higher the density of the viscoelastic fabric, the lower the resulting breathability. But don’t be alarmed, memory foam itself is a breathable material, especially that with the so-called open-cell technology: foamed memory foam, as opposed to moulded memory foam.
The first has an open-pore structure, similar to that found in beehives, through which air circulates more freely. Therefore, the heat and humidity generated by the body itself decrease a lot.
The moulded memory foam has a much smaller pore, which makes it much less breathable.
The quality of the case
If the topper protects the mattress, the cover protects the topper. This should give you an idea of the importance of choosing a good quality cover.
It is worth investing in a good quality cover, for example, stretch fabric. It is more elastic and breathable than others; that is why it is often used in the manufacture of covers and protectors. It allows your movements to be more natural and adapts better to body postures.
Also, the composition applied to the fabric can be a great positive point. They generally contain aloe vera, which improves softness to the touch and increases hydration; bamboo, which has hypoallergenic qualities; or a directly sanitised treatment, which keeps dust and mites well away.
They are the elastic bands located in the four corners of the topper. They are usually sewn to the cover and, without them, it will be difficult for the mattress topper to fit well without causing uncomfortable movements.
Some models lack grip points. Therefore, it will be essential to get a cover that can accommodate both the mattress and the topper.
On other occasions, the fixation consists of a kind of silicone droplet or webs located at the bottom of the cover. This method is the same or more effective than elastic straps, although the perfect feature would be a combination of the two to achieve perfect immobilisation.
You already know the characteristics that you should look at when choosing your viscoelastic topper. But there are other issues that you must assess. Pay attention:
The relationship between density, breathability and adaptability
To make it easy for you, we summarise it like this: the higher the density, the less breathability and the greater the adaptability.
What to choose then? You must take into account what your highest priority is and choose based on it. In a quality memory foam topper, whether you prefer one property or the other won’t matter because it should have all of them. Just that one of the three will stand out more.
A topper should not be used alone or on an unusable mattress, as it will eventually be damaged.
Keep in mind that, if the mattress is terrible, the mattress topper will not only cover the deficiencies, but it will also acquire them. That being the case, you will not be able to take advantage of all its benefits
Remember that getting up fresh every morning is invaluable. If rest is health, then rest well every day is to gain quality of life.
Choose yours and have happy and super pleasant dreams!